As is probably obvious, I’m still trying to figure out this blog’s relationship with my current job which involves taking breaks from writing about theater, film, and TV to write about theater, film, and TV, with a side of writing about theater, film, and TV. There’s a lot of really great material over at Backstage, as well as some fun stuff of mine and other writers I admire on my Twitter. Here are some highlights from the last few weeks!
- 10 Off-Broadway Shows You Must See This Fall: And I plan to see all of them, you mark my words MARK THEM.
- 17 Pieces of Advice from ‘Inside the Actors Studio’: Truly worth a few minutes of your time if being inspired by the words of revered Hollywood actors is to your liking. My favorites are Meryl Streep, Dustin Hoffman’s story about Laurence Olivier, and of course, that exhibition of pure joy and talent from Robin Williams.
- How to Act While Connected at the Hip: Who’s excited for Side Show?? I’m getting chills just thinking about getting chills from seeing it.
- Cynthia Nixon’s 30-Year Déjà Vu: I interviewed the fabulous Cynthia Nixon! I have always been kind of a Miranda. The Real Thing is also going to be so so good.
- Live at the Met: Theater, Art, and Porn: In which I work the word PORN into the title of an article. (I truly love my job.)